Converters, Inc. offers custom die cutting, precision tape slitting, and laminating services for the healthcare and medical device industry.
As an FDA registered and ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturer, we prioritize cleanliness, accuracy, and traceability.
We value our ability to turn pressure sensitive tapes and adhesives into safe, medical-grade components to provide superior results.
We believe that a key factor for today’s health care community is having a dependable manufacturer and supplier that can provide excellent quality and service. Our extensive inventory of medical materials allows us to be that resource for you.
Converters, Inc. is ready to take your project further. Allow us to assist you in finding your next healthcare solution that will uphold your standards and far surpass your requirements.
Here are some examples of industries that we commonly work with but are not limited to:
Medical tape is a class of adhesive tape specifically designed for healthcare settings. It is a critical tool for safely securing medically necessary materials and devices onto patients for wound care, surgical procedures, and other medical operations. This versatile product comes in numerous types and materials, so choosing the right medical tape for your application is essential.
Medical tape, also known as surgical tape, uses specialized, pressure-sensitive adhesives to efficiently hold dressings such as gauze and bandages in place, overtop wounds. It is typically made of hypoallergenic materials and can be either single-sided or double-sided, depending on its intended application. Users should be able to apply it safely to skin and remove the tape without causing harm.
The way medical tape affects the skin during wear and removal is an important consideration when choosing the right type for your application. Users must consider the following:
- Age of the patient
- Skin integrity
- Skin properties (oily or dry, for example)
- Patient allergies or sensitivities
Medical tape must hold strongly to skin and dressings without causing damage and be flexible enough to allow the patient freedom of movement. In addition, medical tape must often be waterproof and able to adhere reliably to surfaces with blood, water, hair, and other imperfections.
To meet the varying needs of the medical community or standard first-aid, there are many types of medical tape available. Some of the most popular medical tapes include:
- Transpore polyethylene tape. This hypoallergenic, translucent tape is composed of perforated, non-stretch polyethylene film. Medical practitioners can apply it quickly without the tape adhering to gloves and other surfaces. It is ideal for securing medical tubing and wound dressings as the tape can adhere to wet and blood-covered surfaces easily.
- Micropore paper tape. This tape consists of highly breathable, porous paper backed by an acrylate adhesive. A lightweight, gentle, and hypoallergenic option, micropore paper tape is well suited for bandages, gauze, and other dressings. Healthcare personnel can quickly tear and apply it in emergencies without the tape leaving adhesive residue after removal.
- Durable cloth tape. Durable cloth tape is most suitable for adhesion to skin. It is breathable and can tear in any direction. Perfect for tubing, splints, and wound dressings, durable cloth tape allows freedom of movement while securely holding items in place. When removed, this tape does not leave adhesive residue on the skin.
- Zinc-oxide tape. Characterized by its distinctive zinc-oxide adhesive on cotton or rayon, this tape is for sensitive or delicate skin. It is optimal for extended use as its adhesive withstands wet conditions and oily skin. Its flexibility, easy removal, and resistance to moisture make zinc-oxide tape the adhesive of choice for athletes, ostomy, and long-term bandages.
- Waterproof tape. Waterproof adhesive tape is specifically engineered to maintain adhesion in water. It is highly flexible and ideal for bandages on joints and digits, but medical personnel must apply it to dry skin in order for the adhesive to be effective.
Medical tapes consist primarily of a backing material bonded to a layer of adhesive. The variety of combinations of backing materials and adhesives allows manufacturers to produce medical tapes that meet the needs of specific applications and conditions.
Common bonding materials for medical tape include paper, cotton or nylon cloth, and silk. These materials can pair with traditional pressure adhesives like polyurethane, latex, hydrocolloid, and acrylate. Also, silicone-based adhesives are gaining popularity as they are optimal for particularly fragile skin.
When choosing medical tape materials, manufacturers consider comfort and breathability, as well as the adhesive’s ability to bond to skin and other materials in specific conditions. Pressure-sensitive adhesives are ideal, as their application utilizes pressure, without any heat, UV, or chemical adhesive activation.
极速飞艇开彩结果历史Medical tape has many useful applications, including:
- Wound dressings and bandages
- Medical devices
- Wearable sensors and equipment
- Surgical and ostomy tasks
- Electromedical equipment
- Diagnostic procedures
- Tubing, IVs, and catheters
When medical workers have access to a variety of quality medical adhesive tapes, they can quickly and efficiently assist patients with emergency medical care, wound care, surgery, and more. At Converters, Inc., we take pride in turning our pressure-sensitive adhesive products into superior, medical-grade tapes that are safe for a broad range of healthcare applications. Our operations meet FDA and ISO 9001:2015 certification standards for cleanliness, accuracy, and traceability, and we strive to exceed customer expectations.